Thursday, January 6, 2011

Short Stories....... Say What!

Let's see...... Where can I start? Alright. I got it. This week in American Lit., Mr. McCarthy had had this idea to read about what is essentially Americanism. In the stories so far that we've read, I thoroughly enjoyed Young Gifted & Black. I guess the main reason is because to me it introduced a range of ideas that I found really inspiring. I liked the relations that the author provides the reader about the family set-up and about how her parents taught her very unique and highly distinctive morals. I semi-enjoyed Children of The Sea. I took an interest in the writing style, as well as the fact that it was an excerpt. What I didn't really like was that it seemed somewhat difficult to keep up with what was going on. I Hear America Singing & There Was a Child Went Forth was basically a poem (I think). I really didn't care for it because it just seemed really dumb. The only thing is managed to take from it is that you, as an individual, make your life, and your choices will shape your future. So that's it.  Blah da Blah Blah. I only gots 1 hot pocket left :(

1 comment:

  1. I liked Children of the Sea the best because of the way it was written. I agree that the other ones like There Was a Child Went Forth didn't really stand out.

    ReplyDelete