Thursday, November 11, 2010

How's American Lit.? It's pretty crackin mane

      I really enjoy the overall atmosphere of my American Literature class. I do some complaints, but I really do take pleasure in going to this class. I personally like reading the books and doing the blogs. I think the blogs are a good way to express our opinions. I really like silent reading days and watching movies(Pelada was amazing). What else can I say? Oh yeah. I like the fact that we, as a class, partake in deeper analytical breakdown of a lot of controversial subjects.
      Well even though I really like the class, there are some things that I would want to eliminate. The first on this list would be taking notes on what we read. I just see it as a bother because for me to enjoy the book, I don't want to take notes every few minutes because it makes me lose my attention on the book. I know that it is for future reference, but I would prefer to abadon the system. Next are the kinds of books we read. I didn't have a problem reading the Crucible but The House of the Seven Gables is really boring. The story constantly goes off track with various descriptions that only serve to make the situation at hand more confusing. Finally, I would like to never use the textbook ever because it's really heavy and doesn't really seem to be important. I feel that a period of discussion would prove to be more effective.

2 comments:

  1. When I read your blog I was surprised, because I was planning on saying a lot of the same things, like silent reading, class discussions, and how I don't think we should take notes on the reading. Noooo! Now I have to think of more to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with not taking notes when reading. But for me I the blogs are too hard to write and I have to think too much.

    ReplyDelete